Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fluff in the Spotlight! Thirsties *New* Duo Hemp Prefolds!

Some of you may have been around long enough to remember that Thirsties used to manufacture their own cotton prefolds. When they were discontinued the cloth diapering world was heartbroken. Moms scoured the web looking for the last of the last, whatever remained for sale was going to be it.

Since then we've had to pair our beloved Thirsties products with various types of prefolds and fitted diapers from other companies. Inquiring minds asked pretty regularly "When might you all make prefolds again?"

Well the time has finally come and Thirsties has released their New Duo Hemp Prefolds!

These fantastic new prefolds really are unique and innovative.
What are some of the features of the *New* Duo Hemp Prefolds?
  • Available in TWO Sizes (Size 1 fits 6-18lbs & Size 2 fits 18-40lbs)
  • Patent pending design is easy to clean, quick to dry, and grows with your baby.
  • Made from buttery soft hemp jersey custom knit in the USA
  • 25% more absorbent and much more durable than cotton
  • Maintains a trim and comfortable fit
  • Naturally anti-microbial
  • Pair with Thirsties Duo Wraps and end up saving $2000 over disposables
What are some of my favorite features? Personally I love the feel of the hemp jersey. They feel soft like a t-shirt and I can tell baby would love the texture. No more crunchy cotton feeling like some of the cotton prefolds get.

I also LOVE the loop design. It's hard to tell from the pictures so I added to the illustration so you could get a better understanding of where the loop is and why it makes laundry so much easier. It's everything you love about prefolds but the loop design allows for much faster drying times.

What else? You could even put your favorite insert or doubler inside the loop before you fold it to make the prefold more absorbent! No liners would be needed because the baby would still only have the hemp jersey against their soft skin.

Want to win a set of Duo Hemp Prefolds? Come back to DiaperDiscussions tomorrow and enter our Giveaway! One lucky mama will win a set of Duo Hemp Prefolds in the size of her choice, compliments of Thirsties!

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Huh. I saw this on another blog but I was completely unaware about the loop.

Julie said...

Me too! I didn't even know until I got my stock and started looking at it.

Gabrielle @ From-the-frontline.com said...

This is awesome! I have some cotton prefolds and I hate how they feel after line drying. I'd love to try this out. If we don't win the giveaway where can we purchase these prefolds?

Julie said...

Hi Gabie! These are available on my site, http://www.earthangelsdiaperco.com/diapering_283/Thirsties-Duo-Hemp-Prefold--Size-1-or-Size-2.htm Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Gabrielle @ From-the-frontline.com said...

I just saw that we can buy them from your site. Thanks so much! I'm going to talk to my husband tonight and see if I can convince him into trying these prefolds out. ;)

 

Diaper Discussions Copyright © 2009 Diaper Discussions is Designed by 3 Little Flowers