When I first thought of Bamboo I have to admit that an image of a Panda Bear came to mind. He was just sitting there in my minds eye, munching on a piece of Bamboo somewhere in Asia... So you can imagine my surprise when I heard of Bamboo Cloth Diapers and Mama Pads. Much to my delight, I found out that Bamboo is one of Mother Natures best kept secrets.
So let me tell you what I've found out about Bamboo and why it's so amazing!
- Bamboo fabric can out absorb cotton by 60% and is naturally moisture wicking
- Bamboo is naturally Anti-Bacterial, Anti Fungal, Anti-Static, and Odor Resistant
- Bamboo is 100% BioDegradable
- Bamboo is a sustainable resource
- Bamboo is actually a grass and can grow up to a yard per day
- Bamboo can be grown, harvested, and processed without the use of harsh pesticides and chemical processes