Flings. I must admit, I received this product a little while back for the purpose of review and just couldn't decide on which occasion I'd like to put it to the test. When I found out we'd be going camping I decided to hang on to it and review it on our camping trip!
It was actually funny because when we got to our campsite and my husband was setting up our things he exclaimed, "What are we going to put our trash in? I forgot to pack trash bags!" I had given him the Flings bin to pack in the car but he obviously hadn't been listening to me, as usual, when I told him what it was.
We grabbed it from the car and he proceeded to take it out of the wrapper. He looked kind of skeptical, I could tell he was wondering just what the heck I had given him and how was this going to work for garbage. Then, like magic, it popped open and he had an AHA! moment. lol
I can't tell you how easy the bin was to use and how it's design worked perfectly to suit our needs. I immediately took the bin and hung it from it's drawstring on the hook that I thought was intended for keeping your garbage off the ground so that wild animals can't get into it. However my husband insisted that the hook was for lanterns not garbage and so the bin ended up sitting on the ground.
I really loved how lightweight yet sturdy it was and by the end of the first day it was full. We simply placed it in the back of our van and drove to the garbage area where we emptied it and were able to use it all over again the next day.
I know you might be thinking it would have been just as easy to use a garbage bag but I don't think so. Since camping takes away almost all your modern conveniences it was really nice to have a REAL garbage can on our site. It also turned out to be quite wet and rainy and had we used a garbage bag it would have been laying on the ground getting all dirty and wet and we would not have been so keen on driving around with it in our car.
Want more info about Flings?
- They retail for approximately $4.00 each and can be found at many fine retailers as well as online. Click >HERE< to locate a retailer near you.
- They come in many different prints and colors for any occasion.
- They're made of 100% recyclable materials and are 90% biodegradable.
- They can be placed out for recycling with your recyclables inside!
- I discovered that they can be re-used.
The Giveaway: One lucky winner will receive (1) Flings Pop-Up Recycling Print Bin & (1) Flings Pop-Up Birthday Print Bin from Flings!
Ends Giveaway Ends 10-11-10 at 11:59pm.
Mandatory First Entry
This weeks mandatory task for your first entry is to visit Flings and comment with which print or style you'd choose.
Guidelines for Entry
-In order to participate in our weekly contest and validate all extra entries you must first answer the weekly question.
-Please, be sure to be logged into your email account when you post your comment for us to be able to contact you if you win (that is with the option called OpenID). If you have a blog, be sure to be logged into the account linked to your blog for an easier way to contact you....
-This contest runs until Monday October 11, 2010 @ 11:59pm EST.
-Winners are chosen using random.org, notified by email and winners name also posted on Blog.
-Winners have 7 days from contest end to claim their prize.
-Participation is open to mamas and papas in the USA! Anyone and everyone is welcome to join in the fun, however we are not responsible for lost packages and prizes that do not reach their destination will not be replaced.
How to earn extra entries:
* (1) Follow this Blog, Diaper Discussions
* (1) Become a FAN of Earth Angels Diaper Co. on FaceBook
* (1) Become a FAN of Flings on FaceBook (Please leave a comment on their Wall stating that "Diaper Discussions Blog sent you!)
* (1) Subscribe to our Newsletter
* (1) Follow Us on Twitter
* (3)* BONUS: Tweet about the giveaway during between October 3-11th. (Limit 1 tweet per day.) Provide a link to this giveaway, use tiny url http://tinyurl.com/3ycyqy5 and include @clothdiapergeek in your tweets.
* (3) Submit a photo, or have already submitted a photo to our Monthly FaceBook Fan Photo Contest by posting it to our FB Wall
* (1) Place the DiaperDiscussions Banner on your site or Blog
* (3) Advertise our Giveaway in your blog, facebook, forums or website (post with your comment the direct link where you posted about it if possible).
--- Please post a separate comment for each extra entry and let us know which you've chosen to do in that comment ---
*Thanks to Flings for sponsoring this great giveaway and for providing the winners prize!